bUCKETS FOR HARVEY
In order to meet material needs for victims of Hurricane Harvey, we will collect and distribute buckets in conjunction with the Southern Baptist Convention's Disaster Relief efforts. New Beginnings Baptist Church has been named a regional drop off location for the East Texas area.
Beginning Sunday, September 3 we will collect 5-gallon buckets with lids packed with specific items. Each 5-gallon bucket should contain 18 items (approximately a $50 value):
- Terry towels (4-pack or can buy in bulk and separate, thin, not thick)
- Trash bags (roll of 25, may need to buy in bulk and separate)
- Mold control spray bottle
- Ajax dish soap
- Cleaner with bleach in spray bottle
- 12 3/4” Wonderbar pry bar
- Small first-aid kit
- Duct tape roll
- Scrub brush
- Leather work/palm gloves (3-pack)
- Disposable gloves (2-pack)
- Utility knife
- Sharpie permanent marker (2-pack)
- 3M eyeglass protector
- Small hygiene kit (or use feminine napkins/pads purchased in bulk then separate 2-3 in Ziploc)
- 11” zip ties/cable ties (20 pack or similar)
- Respirator (2-pack)
Drop off information
Our offices will be open for donation, Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and 8:30 a.m. to noon on Friday.
We will be collecting buckets in our van barn on the west portion of our Spring Hill campus. We are located in Longview in the community of Spring Hill at 2137 E. George Richey Rd.