What is Celebrate Recovery?
Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered, Bible-based, 12-step recovery program celebrating recovery through our Higher Power, Jesus Christ.
The purpose of Celebrate Recovery is to encourage men and women to celebrate God’s healing power in our lives as we work along the road of recovery. We open the door by sharing our experience, strength, and hope with one another. By working the steps and applying their biblical principles, we begin to grow spiritually and eventually become free from our hurts, habits, and hangups. This freedom creates peace, joy, healthy personal relationships, and – most importantly – a strong, intimate relationship with our loving and forgiving Higher Power, Jesus.
Regardless of what your personal or family problem is, the steps to recovery are always the same. Each of us needs repentance, forgiveness, and grace in order to begin living our lives in a healthier way.
There are only two things needed for someone to start recovery: a desire to stop living in the past, and a desire to start living in the truth. Our focus is on spiritual progress, not perfection. As we work through the Christ-based 12 steps, we learn how we can become the man or woman God created us to be.
Celebrate Recovery IS:
• An anonymous, confidential, safe place to share your experience, strength, and hope with others who are struggling with the same issues.
• A leader who has gone through a similar hurt, habit, or hang-up facilitates the group as it focuses on a particular step each week.
• A tried-and-true plan of recovery for whatever struggle you are facing.
• An attitude of gratitude.
• An opportunity to share what Jesus Christ has done in your life.
• A place to be who you are and celebrate God’s Love for you!
Celebrate Recovery is NOT:
• A place to judge others.
• A place to “fix” others.
• A place to engage in gossip.
• A place to feel shame or have secrets.
• A place to meet dating partners
We meet every Tuesday evening at 6:00 PM at New Beginnings Baptist Church, 600 George Richey Road in north Longview (Spring Hill area). Click here for a map. Come in the double doors nearest the front on the West side of the building. Everyone is welcome. You may stay for all or part of the evening. We provide childcare for children age 10 and below.
|6:00-6:45||Dinner & Fellowship|
|7:00-8:00||Large Group (Worship & Speaker)|
|9:00-9:30||Solid Rock Cafe (Fellowship & Snacks)|
* Gender specific small groups for men and women allow discussion of our hurts, habits, and hang-ups, in a confidential, free-sharing atmosphere. We have two groups for men (Life Issues and Sexual Addiction) and two groups for women (Life Issues and Addictions).
This program is designed for 5-12 year olds whose parents attend Celebrate Recovery. Each week the children will be learning what the parents are learning in age appropriate ways.
This program (formerly "Life Hurts God Heals") is designed for ages 13-20 and teaches 8 biblical principles to help teens and young adults overcome hurts, habits and hang-ups.
*Both ministries still need leaders to help. You do not need to be part of CR, just have a desire to help children and teenagers with life issues.
NB News & Events
College & Career | Starting May 22 | 6-8PM ...read more
5th & 6th Grade | June 16-19 | 6-8PM Regis...read more
Sign up through the offering plate, Life Group, ...read more
June 24-28, 2013 | 7th-12th Grade | Austin, TX |...read more