What are Home Groups?
- Home Groups are in-home Bible studies hosted in homes around Longview and Gilmer area. There is food, friends, fun, and a bible study that take place every Wednesday, including memories that will last a life time.
- Home Groups are student led, student taught, staff trained, and adult coached. There will be an adult coach present at every Home Group whose responsibility is to give theological clarity, ensure orderliness in the home, and encourage the student leaders.
What age(s) is Home Groups for?
- Home Groups are for high school students in 9th-12thgrade
- Once a month there will be a night of worship called “The Gathering” where all the home groups gather together. This will piratically throughout the year include both campuses. The first Gathering will be Wednesday, August 28th.
What time are Home Groups?
- Home Groups will be from 6:30PM-8:00PM. The first 15-20 min every night will be “hang time”.
What are this year’s Goals?
- Student leaders are developed into leaders who use their spiritual gifts of teaching and shepherding to serve the church.
- To present a safe, easy, fun, and accessible way for students to reach their peers with the gospel and teach the Bible.
- Create an easy path into Sunday morning Life Groups and worship services at NB.
Where are the Home Groups?
Spring Hill Home Groups:
- Traylor Home (Michelle and Andrew), 5003 Lavender Leaf Lane Longview, TX 75604
- Anderson Home (Lance and Becky), 114 Wood Creek Court White Oak, TX 75693
- Spring Hill Campus (Room H103), 2137 George Richey, Longview, TX 75604
Gilmer Home Groups:
- Lim Home (Doug and Josanne), 5081 Osprey Rd Gilmer, TX 75645
- Mize Home (Keenan and Traci), 5216 Osprey Rd Gilmer, TX 75645
Will food be provided during Home Groups?
- Yes! There will be food and/or snacks provided every Wednesday night during Home Groups.
How will transportation work if my student does not drive?
- We hope because there are multiple homes to choose from around the Longview, Gilmer area, there will be a home near you.
- If your student needs a ride from the church, we will have a van and additional transportation available, if needed, at our Gilmer Campus only.
- Transportation from the Gilmer campus will leave the church at 6:35pm to bring students to the appropriate home and will bring students back to the church by 8pm.
How will a student decide on which Home Group to attend?
- Students are free to join the Home Group of their choice. There are Home Group sign-up posters available in the student ministry room/building for students to sign up for the home of their choice.
Will adults be present at the Home Groups?
- There will be multiple adults present at each Home Group. The adults will help host and create an environment that is safe and inviting for all students. Every adult is a church member and has an approved back ground check. Many of these adults will be parents and/or current Life Group leaders.
- The student ministry staff will also rotate every week between the homes.
When will Home Groups start?
- Home Groups will start on. Wednesday, September 4th.