Week 5 | Sermon Series “But I say…”
Lead Pastor Todd Kaunitz and Pastor Matt Darby
- We are called to promote reconciliation over retaliation.
- We are called to bless those who wronged us.
- We are called to love our enemies and pray for them.
Bible Text: Matthew 5:38-42
During our sermon series, we are learning that life in the Kingdom life is different. Pastors Todd and Matt will answer these and more questions: How do we treat our enemies? What does life in the kingdom look like when someone mistreats us?
Kingdom citizens are called to promote reconciliation over retaliation. Retaliation is not what God wants for His people or from His people. He wants us to be reconciled. God wants us to bear the wrong and extend mercy. We received mercy from God.
We pursue reconciliation because we were pursued by reconciliation through Jesus. It is important to remember that vengeance and justice are God’s, not ours. We are called to bless those who wronged us. Justice in the kingdom of God never forgets mercy.
We are called to display:
1. Humility over insult;
2. Integrity over security;
3. Hospitality over our own rights;
4. Generosity over indifference;
We are called to love our enemies and pray for them. Our call is to love those who are absolutely unloveable. It is difficult to do apart from the Gospel. What are the implications of doing what Jesus is commanding us?
1. We look like our Heavenly Father;
2. The invisible Kingdom of God becomes visible through our lives.
Click here to watch the message in its entirety.
• Watch the full message here
• Listen to the message here
• Follow Pastor Todd on Twitter or Instagram.
• Like New Beginnings Baptist Church on Facebook
• Follow New Beginnings Baptist Church on Twitter or Instagram.